PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY & COMMUNITY CONSULTATION
Brenda started her community engagement life in local government over 15 years ago. Working within community development, infrastructure and environmental sectors in both NSW and NT she has developed a broad skill set with the ability to facilitate effective engagement with diverse audiences. She also has skills in programming, events, project management, education and communications.
Brenda is passionate about sustainability, place activation and community wellbeing. She is committed to collaborating for best practice outcomes that are meaningful and transformative. She believes in sustainable, productive local economies existing within green, healthy, interconnected communities that provide inclusive opportunities and acknowledge cultural diversity.
- Focus Group facilitation, establish volunteer Convenors Group and delivery of Community Workshops: Education for Sustainability Program – North Sydney Council.
- Focus Group, Advisory Panel and Public Meeting: The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability – North Sydney Council.
- Establish Central Coast Road Safety Group and deliver Community Workshops: Road Safety Communication Strategy and Community Education Program – Gosford City Council.
- Establish Advisory Group: Healthy Darwin Program – Darwin City Council.
Focus Group facilitation: School Plan – Soldiers Point Public School.
2015 | Director: Cocus CoDesign
Providing communications, community engagement and media strategy services for government and non-government organisations. Contract examples include:
- Hunter Primary Care – Communications Advisor, Writer and Designer
- Octapod: TiNA Festival – Community Engagement Advisor (face to face and digital event evaluation)
- Logan City Council – Community Engagement Advisor
- Soldiers Point Public School – Community Engagement Advisor
- Octapod – Media Strategy
- Healthy Land and Water, Queensland – Media Strategy
- Sparks on the Go – Small Business Planning Advisor
2011-2014 | Employer: City of Darwin
Role: Program and Events Officer
Example project: Healthy Communities
Establish a Reference Panel and Community Advisory Group for the new Healthy Communities Program. Facilitate group meetings and workshops to develop strategic direction and content.
2006-2011 | Employer: Gosford City Council
Role: Road Safety Education Officer
Example project: Establish a Central Coast Road Safety Advisory Group to inform strategic direction for community education and behaviour change programs. Facilitate group meetings and develop communications plan and media strategy.
2006 | Employer: North Sydney Council (12mth contract)
Role: Sustainability Project Officer
Example project: Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability
Facilitate Focus Groups, Advisory Panel and assist with Public Meeting to repurpose a large community asset for a Centre for Sustainability. The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability is now a prominent landmark on the Waverton peninsula. Facilitate Advisory Group meetings and present at Precinct Committee Meetings elements of the regional Education for Sustainability project.
1994-2004 | Employer: North Sydney Council
Role: Bushcare Education Officer